Parkinson’s disease is a movement disorder that is considered both chronic and progressive that affects almost one million Americans alone. Nobody knows the cause of Parkinson’s and officially there is currently no cure for the disease. Treatment options are limited to surgical intervention and medications in order to provide symptom relief.
Each person with Parkinson’s may have a specific set of symptoms, but they typically include some combination of things like rigidity, tremor, instability of posture, and slow movement. Because treatment for the condition is so limited, alternative therapies like acupuncture, yoga, music and art therapy, pet therapy, tai chi and essential oils for Parkinson’s disease are all quite popular. Many of these natural treatment techniques are thought to provide some form of symptom relief.
It is unclear just how precisely essential oils uses benefit persons with Parkinson’s disease, but their utilization throughout history can provide some clues. Essential oils uses have included both providing healing benefits through aromatherapy and massage as well as specific condition or symptom relief through ingestion. Today, only a handful of these applications have been thoroughly studied or evaluated, but evidence has shown that many of the chemical compounds found in plant oils do in fact have medicinal use and the ability to provide soothing benefits when used in aromatherapy. It is worth noting that any alternative therapy must be discussed with a healthcare provider before using, as many essential oils can be toxic or poisonous if ingested, and not all are safe to apply neat without risk of irritation.
With some understanding of how they may work in the first place and any safety concerns associated with them, it becomes easier to see just how essential oils for Parkinson’s disease may be beneficial, both in terms of helping people cope with a chronic health condition as well as possibly providing some symptom relief, as our top five found below are purported to do.
- Helichrysum Oil: It has been suggested that the discovered inflammation relieving benefits of helichrysum essential oil may be what makes it one of the best essential oils for Parkinson’s disease. The theory suggests that reducing brain inflammation in persons with the condition may lend to some relief from symptoms.
- Clary Sage / Marjoram / Lavender Oil Blend: A small study conducted over a period of nine months found that persons with the disease that either used the aforementioned blend of essential oils in aromatherapy at home or received massages with them outside the home experienced more symptom relief than those who did not. This small study holds some big promise in terms of using essential oils for Parkinson’s disease, because the symptom reductions reported included tremor, rigidity, speech problems, insomnia, muscle and joint pain, nausea, headaches, anxiety and depression and much more.
- Frankincense Oil: This ancient oil has received a lot of attention lately, because more and more studies are being done in order to determine just what frankincense essential oil is capable of. One of its suggested benefits includes inflammation relief, which is thought to also occur in the brain, indicating why it is believed that frankincense may be one of the best essential oils for Parkinson’s disease.
- Cinnamon Oil: There are a great many health benefits associated with cinnamon essential oil, and it has received big attention lately for purported applications in persons with diabetes. However, the neurological benefits of the sweet spice sometimes get overlooked, and some speculate that it may also be one of the best essential oils for Parkinson’s disease because of these supposed effects.
- Vetiver Oil: Tremor reduction is the primary use of vetiver essential oil among essential oils for Parkinson’s disease. More study will be needed to better understand just how the powerful plant compounds affect one of the disease’s most abundant symptoms, but it could be a valuable realm of study for disease sufferers.
The best way to work out to use and how many drops to use is to look at the overall picture.
Which oil can I use to provide comfort in what area ? Selecting a Oil that is of most benefit and using a higher ratio of Drops … will result in that oil and natural benefit being the more dominate oil in your mix/recipe.
There are many benefits to using the oils Aromatically, Tropicalky and Internally. Effectively it takes 22 seconds to reach the brain, within 2 minutes they are found in the bloodstream and at the 20 minute mark they are affecting every cell in your body. Remarkable to say the least!
dōTERRA essential oils are little brown bottles of goodness which are Pure Certified and vigorous tested to provide you the safest and most powerful plant extract available worldwide.
Effective, Natural, Low Tox Living Alternative Essentail Oil at Wholesale Prices – Australia
- DISCLAIMER - The information provided herein is intended for a general knowledge only, natural support and should also be used with the guidance and support of your professional healthcare medical advice also. Always consulting your medical profession doctor or professional healthcare provider for a medical advice.
- This is only a natural alternative to allow comfort, and ease areas of concern. But not a medical benefit to be used without keeping to your professional advice. Medical advice must be followed at all times.
Resources – • PinInterest • Google • Essentialoils-net. • Sourced information to make it readily available for you to use and apply within your areas of need.
Let’s Get Started will have everything you need to support you in becoming a team member of dŌTERRA and with that comes a world of support and knowledgable to help you with your new natural and alternative living. Nourishing, Empowering your family and loved ones with ways that can provide comfort and ease all from a bottle of pure plant extract. Amazing !!!!